Smart Docs are not in BETA anymore!
We’ve polished how they look, made editing way easier, and made the transitions between the Program and the Smart Doc inside it seamless.
On top of that, we added a few little tweaks to make your coaching job a little easier.
So you might be wondering what are Smart Docs?
Smart Docs are interactive documents or worksheets that you can create inside the upcoach platform and are easily assigned to your coaching clients. You can create as many as you like and need, with different layouts and purposes.
For example, you can have a Smart Doc template that your clients can fill in with their 90-day plan, different short and long-term goals. Maybe you want to use it as a questionnaire that your clients should fill in before meetings. Or a VMV document (Vision Mission Values). The possibilities are endless.
So here’s what’s new with this feature.
Viewing and Editing Smart Docs
Smart Docs are now truly a part of the Program. Clicking on Smart Doc will open it inside the Program page, with the Navigation and back button to quickly jump back.
We also said goodbye to the Edit button. Just click anywhere inside the Smart Doc and start writing away. This makes it easy to make quick edits, and you can also see the final look right away, as you’re making the changes.
We’ve updated the Smart Docs editor to look the same as the one you’re already using to design Programs.
This will make designing and updating the Smart Docs easier and faster, so you can focus on the more important parts of working with your clients.
We kept all the original building blocks and simplified the Columns. We also removed the Four Columns option to make it a little more tidy.
Here’s the list:
- Text , previously Static text block is a generic text block where you can add different resources and explanations. Your clients can’t edit the contents.
- Text Field, previously known as just Text block is a simple text block where your clients can add and edit content. You can set the Headline and description of the block.
- Checklist, previously known as Goals, is a block that enables your clients to add a list of different goals/tasks and cross them out when they achieve them.
- List is the only block that we didn’t change the name. This block enables you to add a list of items – like core values for eg. It’s up to the coach to set the Heading and description of the block, what it is going to be used for.
- Two & Three Columns. This block allows you to have two or three blocks side by side instead of just one.
Adding these blocks to the Smart Doc template layout is super simple – just drag and drop the block to the middle of the page and voila.
Adding Smart Docs to Program
Once you are done with designing your Smart docs, go to the Program you wish to add these templates to.
In the Smart Doc block you have options to assign the template to the whole group or just to the clients.
The difference is that if you assign the Smart Doc template to the group everyone can collaborate on the same document. And when you add a Member document – then each client will have their own Smart Doc to fill in.
You can also choose if you want the clients to see each other documents or not:
Note: If you add a Smart Document Template to a Program and you want to make any additional changes, you should make a copy of the existing template, rename it, and make edits. Once you are done, you have to go back to the Program Editor, remove the Smart Doc that you added in the first place and add the new template.*We are working on improving this feature
If you need more information about this new feature update or have any questions feel free to reach out to us via chat or email at firstname.lastname@example.org